Security Services for Tuna Trawlers
We have started to deploy our Sea Marshals on the Tuna Long Liners since mid 2010.
Currently Rokada LLC through its Sri Lanka office provides Maritime Security services for more than 200 fishing Trawlers in the Indian Ocean at constant bases.
Main features of our comprehensive security service are:
- Our main Operation Center for controlling and managing FISHING TRAWLERS security operations in Sri Lanka, Colombo.
- Through our Operation Center we are monitoring the movement of all Fishing Trawlers, which are under our protection through VMS system - Vessel Monitoring System. We also operate with Inmarsat Satellite phones and we are in contact with the vessels and with our Security Teams 24 x 7.
- We have Forwarding Operating Centers (FOCs) established in Mauritius, Seychelles, Maldives and Djibouti. The FOC at Mombassa - Kenya also could be utilized during an emergency.
- At Maldives and Seychelles, we have full support our local agents and also from the local Governments to deploy Speed Boats and Helicopters to deal with any casualty evacuation.
- All our operations are held under the authorization of Sri Lanka Ministry of Defense, which makes our activity completely legal and transparent to the UN checking authorities in the high seas.
- Our Security Teams are perfectly armed and equipped to withstand any pirate's attacks - currently we are the only company, which is legally operating with Light Machine Guns (02 per Vessel) along with 5000 rounds of ammunition (with tracers).
- We have highly developed Operation and Management practice guidelines for reacting during any situation in case of ship capturing. This Management Practice is documented and has been accepted by Sri Lanka Ministry of Defense.
- We are constantly collecting information about pirates' activity having two of our operatives in Djibouti and Mombassa for collecting intelligence information.
- In addition all above, we have a system of taking care of the families of the Sea Marshals who are deployed in the Sea for more than 6 months. This system is really helping us to keep the morale of the Sea Marshals at a higher level at sea. Our strong point is the ability to deploy Sea Marshals up to 8 to 10 months.
- We act in accordance with the Guidance of the International Code of Conduct and corporate social responsibility. Our Security personnel always try to avoid using force when it is feasible.
Taking into consideration our long term practical experience, extensive knowledge of the fishing branch and our developed infrastructure, we are able to submit each new client with our very individual Price Offer.
Please, do not hesitate to contact us for details and additional information.